Arrive in Tel Aviv, Israel, and meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. Travel through the ancient ports of Jaffa and Caesarea, where you visit the Roman amphitheater and the impressive Crusader fortress. Also visit the archaeological site of Megiddo, Muhraqa on Mount Carmel, and travel to lakeside Tiberias for a 2-night stay. Visit the Jesus Boat Museum at Kibbutz Ginosar, cruise on the Sea of Galilee, see the ancient synagogue at Capernaum, and visit the Mount of Beatitudes before continuing to Tabgha, where Jesus is said to have fed the 5,000 with two fish and five loaves. Here, visit the Church of the Multiplication. Next, via Cana, stop in Nazareth to visit the Church of the Annunciation and Nazareth village. See ancient Jericho, and the Jordan River baptismal site of Kaser-el-Yahud before ascending the Judean mountains to Jerusalem for a memorable 4-night stay. Explore the Old Town during a guided walking tour, where you’ll visit the Mount of Olives, the Garden of Gethsemane, the Church of All Nations, and will descend the Palm Sunday Walk. Also visit the Pools of Bethesda and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Before traveling to Bethlehem, birthplace of Jesus and King David, where you visit the Church of the Nativity, stop at Mount Zion to visit King David’s tomb and the Cenacle (Upper Room), site of the Last Supper. Jerusalem highlights include visits to the Davidson Center, a significant archaeological site, the Western Wall, scenic Garden Tomb, the primary Holocaust Memorial and Museum of Yad Vashem, and the Israel Museum, where the Dead Sea Scrolls are exhibited. A full day at leisure allows time to join an optional excursion to Qumran, Masada, and the Dead Sea.
Destinations & Sightseeing
Headsets throughout the tourInside visits and special features: Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.Sightseeing:Visits to Tel Aviv, Jaffa, Caesarea, Muhraqa, Megiddo, Kibbutz Ginosar, Capernaum, Mount of Beatitudes, Tabgha, Caesarea-Philippi (Banias), Cana, Nazareth, Jericho, Kaser-el-Yahud, Bethlehem, JerusalemGuides:
Services of a professional Tour Director while touring
Scenic Highlights: Sea of Galilee, River Jordan, Jordan Valley, Dead SeaReligious Services: Please arrange with your Tour Director
- Departure March 25 - Good Friday in Tel Aviv and Easter Sunday in Tiberias
- Please check visa requirements with your local consulate; responsibility for obtaining visas for Israel and Jordan rests with the traveler.
The following UNESCO World Heritage Sites can be seen or visited on this vacation:
- Bahá-i Holy Places in Haifa and the Western Galilee
- Biblical Tells - Megiddo
- White City of Tel Aviv - the Modern Movement
- Church of the Nativity and the Pilgrimage Route, Bethlehem
- Old city of Jerusalem and its Walls
- White city of Tel Aviv, the modern movement
Scheduled transatlantic flights and airport transfers in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem if Cosmos issues the air tickets. Touring by private first-class air-conditioned motorcoach.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals
for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).