Meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers in Paris. Enjoy guided sightseeing featuring all major sights and visits to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur on Montmartre, and to Notre Dame Cathedral. During an excursion to Lisieux, visit Les Buissonnets, family home of St. Therese, and the basilica. St. Therese was known as “The Little Flower” and for her charming autobiography, The Story of a Soul. Visit St. Peter’s Cathedral and the Carmelite Convent, where she lived as a nun. Back in Paris, special visits have been included to the Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Shrine, where the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Catherine Laboure in 1830, and the St. Vincent de Paul Shrine. Head to Joan of Arc’s Orléans for a walking tour, as well as Limoges and dramatic cliffside Rocamadour for visits to the Rocamadour Shrine, St. Sauveur Basilica, and the Chapelle de Notre Dame with its venerated Black Madonna. Then, arrive in Lourdes, one of the world’s most famous places of pilgrimage, where you will stay for three nights. Visit the grotto where the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Bernadette in 1858, the Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine, and St. Bernadette’s birthplace and family home. Also attend the international Mass at the Basilica of St. Pius X. You may wish to bathe in the healing waters, attend the “Blessing of the Sick,” or join the evening’s Rosary and candlelight procession. A full day at leisure allows the opportunity to join an optional excursion to the nearby Pyrenees. Via medieval Carcassonne, travel to Avignon to see the Palace of the Popes and to attend Mass in the Cathedral of Avignon. Stop in Paray-le-Monial, home to the Chapel of the Apparitions, and visit the Basilica of the Sacred Heart before arriving in Nevers. Here, visit St. Gildard Monastery, where St. Bernadette spent her life as a nun. On to Chartres for a guided visit of the magnificent cathedral, then return to Paris.
Destinations & Sightseeing
Headsets throughout the tourInside visits and special features: Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.Sightseeing: Visits to Lisieux, Orléans, Limoges, Rocamadour, Carcassonne, Avignon, Paray-le-Monial, Nevers
Scenic Highlights: Château Country, Dordogne, BurgundyMass/Religious Service: Lisieux, Lourdes, Avignon
- Departure April 10 - Feast Day of St. Bernadette in Lourdes (April 16)
- Departure April 10 - starts on Sunday in Paris instead of Friday
- Departure September 29 - St. Therese of Lisieux Feast Day in Lisieux (October 01)
- Departure September 29 - starts on Thursday in Paris instead of Friday
The following UNESCO World Heritage Sites can be seen or visited on this vacation:
- Chartres Cathedral
- Historic fortified City of Carcassonne
- Chartres Cathedral
- Historic centre of Avignon
- Historic fortified city of Carcassonne
Transportation:Scheduled transatlantic flights and airport transfers in Paris if Cosmos issues the air tickets. Touring by private first-class air-conditioned motorcoach.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) – please review current promotions or deals
for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).