At 720-feet, the MS Maasdam is designed to carry fewer guests while providing them with more space for maximum comfort. Accommodating 1,258 guests, many staterooms feature commanding ocean views, and each of the 149 suites has a private verandah. The MS Maasdam features an interior motif that pays homage to the historical Dutch East and West India companies of the 17th through 19th centuries, the centerpiece of this elegant ship features Luciano Vistosi's "Totem," a monumental sculpture using nearly 2,000 glimmering pieces of glass, prominently displayed in a soaring three-story atrium. Other intriguing art featured on the MS Maasdam are two abstract murals painted especially for the Rotterdam Dining Room and a collection of seven iron teapots and a charcoal brazier from Japan, which date from the end of Edo period.
MS Maasdam Ship Information
- Ship's Registry: The Netherlands
- Passenger capacity: 1,258
- Crew members: 569
- Gross tonnage: 55,575 grt.
- Length: 719 feet
- Beam: 101 feet
- Maximum speed: 22 knots
- Decks: 10
- Luxurious beds featuring Sealy® Premium Euro-Top mattresses and finely woven cotton linens
- Deluxe waffle weave and terry cloth bathrobes for use during your voyage
- 100% Egyptian cotton towels
- Premium massage showerhead
- 5x magnifying lighted make-up mirror and salon-quality hair dryer
- Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
- Complimentary fresh fruit on request
- Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages
- Flat-panel TV and DVD player
- Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service
Interior Stateroom (Category K)
2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, shower. 182 sq. ft.
Ocean-view Stateroom (Category D)
2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathtub, and shower. Approximately 197 sq. ft.
Verandah Suite (Category B)
2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, whirlpool bath & shower, sitting area, private verandah, mini-bar, refrigerator, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 292 sq. ft.