The MS Westerdam is the third in Holland America Line's series of Vista Class ships. Most of her staterooms have ocean views and many have private verandahs. The theme of MS Westerdam's art collection is Dutch heritage in the New World. Art ranges from paintings of historic Dutch ships to contemporary pieces including an original Andy Warhol portrait. Guests will be able to "show and tell" their vacation memories through free workshops showing even the most novice camera or computer user how to take better vacation photos, make movies, edit pictures, and create scrapbooks. Guests will learn how to share all their digital memories through email, blogging, and social networking-so friends and family can see where they've been cruising, even before they return home.
MS Westerdam Ship Information
- Ship's Registry: The Netherlands
- Passenger capacity: 1,916
- Crew members: 810
- Gross tonnage: 82,348 grt.
- Length: 936 feet
- Beam: 105.8 feet
- Maximum speed: 24 knots
- Decks: 11
- Luxurious beds featuring Sealy® Premium Euro-Top mattresses and finely woven cotton linens
- Deluxe waffle weave and terry cloth bathrobes for use during your voyage
- 100% Egyptian cotton towels
- Premium massage showerhead
- 5x magnifying lighted make-up mirror and salon-quality hair dryer
- Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
- Complimentary fresh fruit on request
- Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages
- Flat-panel TV and DVD player
- Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service
Interior Stateroom (Category J, K)
2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, shower. Approximately 151–233 sq. ft.
Ocean-view Stateroom (Category C, D, E)
2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathtub, shower. Approximately 174–180 sq. ft.
Verandah Suite (Category VD)
2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathtub, shower, sitting area, private verandah, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 212–359 sq. ft. including verandah.