The MS Nieuw Amsterdam celebrates the glamour and history of New York City with its inspired interior design and art collection. Among an array of works valued at over $3 million is a spectacular feature in the atrium, a sculpture of the inverted New York skyline. The ship offers an innovative pan-Asian-fusion Tamarind restaurant and bar with panoramic views overlooking the ocean and Lido pool. Other additions are an Explorer's Lounge Bar, wine-tasting lounge, an elegant jewelry boutique, Lincoln Center Stage, and B.B King’s Blues Club, among other world-class facilities. Staterooms spotlight all the Holland America Signature of Excellence® premium amenities. The MS Nieuw Amsterdam offers top-of-the line luxury cruising and entertainment while you take to Alaskan waters.
- Ship's Registry: The Netherlands
- Passenger capacity: 2,106
- Crew members: 874
- Gross tonnage: 86,700 grt.
- Length: 936 feet
- Beam: 105.8 feet
- Maximum speed: 23.9 knots
- Decks: 11
- Luxurious beds featuring Sealy® Premium Euro-Top mattresses and finely woven cotton linens
- Deluxe waffle weave and terry cloth bathrobes for use during your voyage
- 100% Egyptian cotton towels
- Premium massage showerhead
- 5x magnifying lighted make-up mirror and salon-quality hair dryer
- Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
- Complimentary fresh fruit on request
- Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages
- Flat-panel TV and DVD player
- Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service
INTERIOR STATEROOM (CATEGORY J, K, L)
2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, shower. Approximately 141–284 sq. ft.
OCEAN-VIEW STATEROOM (CATEGORY C, D)
2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathtub, and shower. Approximately 169–267 sq. ft.
VERANDAH SUITE (CATEGORY VA, VB)
2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathtub & shower, sitting area, private verandah, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 213–379 sq. ft. including verandah.